View Single Post

Old 04-15-2024, 07:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The ones that I mentioned do provide access to the amenities. Some others also do, but some do not. What I don't like about Sumter Senior Living and Watercrest is that they charge about $6,000 per month for an unfurnished apartment and there is no lease, except month-to-month. To me, a better option is Freedom Pointe, but they are condos, not apartments. You pay a large amount upfront ($350K to $500K) and a monthly fee of about $4,500+. Technically, it is a condo, but you can only sell it back to Freedom Pointe. I would suggest visiting several facilities.
The monthly fee for Freedom Pointe depends on number of residents in the condo as it is the only fee and includes some meals and all utilities. Also, not sure the smallest unit is at $350,000, althought the cost does include how you choose to outfit the unit. The caveat there is the medical care FOR LIFE, tho. It's not just an apartment complex. You are buying in to a LIFE CARE plan you never pay another penny for and can never be refused care...moving thru independent to assisted to memory, alzheimers, nursing care, etc. FOR LIFE.