View Single Post

Old 04-16-2024, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsetc View Post
As the OP, I see I need to be more specific. The warranty issue is not stains, but a result of the manufacturing/cooling issue that occurred around 2014 causing a significant loss of the aggregate allowing in some spots, the fiberglass to show thru.

The kind of information I am looking for is, did you use The Villages Warranty Dept or go directly to CertainTeed? What all did they require? Were they easy to deal with? How long did the process take? Was the "settlement" a roof replacement or "other"?

I'm hoping to make this a one and done as opposed to an ongoing process.

Thank you
Yes. We filed a claim with Certainteed for our manufactured defective roof. We went directly to Certainteed after our roofer inspected our roof. Certainteed inspected the roof and agreed to the defect. They sent us a check directly. Our roofer went thru the hoops and contacted the warranty dept. Certainteed did not pay for the roof installation 100%. In our case, I believe, they paid for the shingles, paper and a few more items. We DID NOT file an insurance claim. However, after replacement, we let our insurance company know we replaced our roof. They immediately reduced the cost of our homeowners insurance and sent us a prorated check for the difference ( not much money)