View Single Post

Old 04-18-2024, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The website is not correct on this. If you are not a Sumter County resident and they are busy, they can refuse to serve you. However, if you go when they are not busy, non-Sumter County residents can get everything done. That includes drivers license, vehicle title, vehicle registration, and voter registration. And, it doesn't matter if you are a homeowner or a renter.
I really don’t think it matters whether they are busy or not. Have been to that office several times for drivers licenses and registration and never turned away and we are Lake.

Interesting anecdote. When we moved here in 2017 and bought a new car the dealer mistakenly told DMV we lived in Sumter County (we live in Pine Hills, which is Lake). Got the title and registration in the mail saying Sumter. When it came up for renewal, my husband went to Leesburg DMV office to pay renewal and get it fixed. They said they would fix it (fee the same). Next year renewal comes again from Sumter- go through same drill except this time we go to Powell Rd and talk to Sumter Co. again tell them we live in Lake. They said we’ll fix it. Now I just pay online and it still says Sumter! If they don’t care, I don’t either!