View Single Post

Old 04-18-2024, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyjourneyfan View Post
I live up north in Chatham and love it. I'm only 58 and have lived here for over two years. It's very quiet up here, and the neighbors are great. Many are older, but people move in and out, so that will change with time. As for me, I enjoy living around older people. My friends are from the clubs that I joined, so my friends live all over the place in the Villages. Up north, the traffic is very light--another benefit. We have an incredible (and fairly new) rec center here called First Responders. I go there daily. It's my favorite rec center, and it's on a very large piece of property, so they have a lot to do there. My wife and I were also drawn to the northern villages. Everyone is different. Trust your gut and go with it.

P.S. There are a few homes for sale on my street. You should check them out. My neighbor's house is move-in ready and beautiful. Message me if you want more information.
Thank you for your insight. Could you describe how long it takes by Golf Car to get to the squares and what your nearest square is?

Our realtor made it sound unfavorable due to higher property taxes and distance to squares and shopping. There are several homes we wanted to look at but they were in Marion county. Do you have to pay city and county taxes?

Thank you for any additional insight you can provide.