View Single Post

Old 04-19-2024, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedSox! View Post
The greatest fiction in the news media today is about the “mainstream media” and how liberal it is. That notion is a pure myth
You must be joking. TV MSM is ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. Other than Fox, the rest are extremely tilted left. NBC in particular.

Quote:
And then you have podcasts, again dominated by conservatives starting with Joe Rogan. The left has some, but they are not in the same league.
This is part of the problem. Anything that is not extreme left is considered right by the left. Joe Rogan considers himself a liberal and voted for Biden in 2020. I'll bet some of the other podcasters you think are on the right actually consider themselves centrist or liberal, like Tim Pool.

Quote:
I recognize a right or left bias when I see or hear it
I don't think you do. See above.

Quote:
But the notion that conservatives are the little guy fighting this gigantic left wing mainstream media is false. Conservative media is bigger in totality, make far higher profits, and they are certainly just as much a part of the “mainstream media” as all other media.
Fox may have the highest ratings, but 'in totality' the other 3 networks have much higher combined viewership, so the premise that the leftwing MSM is larger is actually true.