View Single Post

Old 04-20-2024, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,083 Times in 1,782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Regarding the "kissing lanais" reference - feel free to run a search right here on the Talk of the Village forum for the phrase, and you'll get lots and lots of posts from people who have either bought in those neighborhoods, or considered them, or asked about them and were given lots of answers from long-time members, or seen them, or yes - heard about them from their hairdresser.

They're definitely a thing, they're not new, they are absolutely a downside in some areas where the developer made the decision to place the back wall of houses incredibly close to the back wall of other houses, with lanais in incredibly close proximity to each other.

My exaggeration and imaginative verbiage doesn't change the fact that they exist, and they can be problematic for people who enjoy peace and quiet on their lanais, in areas where lanais are placed incredibly close to each other.
“Kissing lanais” are one reason you may want to know your neighbors before you buy. My aunt like them because she was good friends with her neighbors. As they grew old, one call would get the other out to help. (Yes, she could have used the phone.) She liked it when her neighbors were home, she liked to hear their voices, they were her friends. I understand that not everyone is like that.