View Single Post

Old 04-20-2024, 09:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
What the Developer DOES has EVERYTHING to do with homebuyers and residents of the surrounding counties.

I'm happy 20,000 employee's are gainfully employed and new jobs are being created

I'm happy suppliers and contractors have a continuing stream of income.

I'm happy the Sumter/Lake county tax base increased 100 million a month.

I'm happy expansion continues and streams of creative new amenities are in progress.

I'm happy homes around me increased 50-100% in sell price in three years.

And history show the majority who purchased here will be able to recover their purchase price and more at time of sale.
You have no idea of the true history of sales because it is NEVER reported. You are going on what you heard from the grapevine. It would be great to see ACTUAL numbers but that will never happen.

I have been here since it was only Spanish Springs. You see progress as great but I can take or leave it. Same cookie cutters homes again and again and again. The model I bought 20 years ago is still built today. I would enjoy seeing something different. Many would argue that the Villages was much better when it was smaller. Outsiders are not happy their hometown has seen a population explosion. I can go on...

My point is this. There is no sense in posting a quarterly report that only shows what the Developer wants you to know. We live in a beautiful community but like anywhere else, it has its problems. IMO, pretending everything is ALWAYS GREAT is not beneficial. Only the Developer profits from that type of behavior. I would rather see the bad as well as the good. This way, I can make informed decisions. I find it is always better to make my kool aid than drink what is served.