Thread: AC duct odor
View Single Post

Old 04-20-2024, 09:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,004 Times in 2,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2A supporter View Post
We have a musty, dank, heavy odor coming from all AC vents. The patio villa is less than 4 years old and is kept immaculate. We have UV lights above and below the air handler and an electrostatic permanent filter that is cleaned monthly. The AC works perfectly and everything visible is clean, but the odor is bad and actually burns the throat and eyes. Who do you recommend for checking the ductwork? We need a pro , not some rookie kid to diagnose the problem. Thanks in advance.

I would look in bottom of A coil see if more than usual standing water. Water has to drain out of A-coil down and outside by the outside unit. Do you see water dripping out the drain pipe by outside unit? Maybe the drain path plugged/blocked?

Should be tag saying who installed it? I would probably call Mums few A/C companies I trust around here. MUMs has always been straight with me.

IMO unless you have humidifier in duct works I doubt it ducts but inside the air handler unit some where which IMO points to A coil which has to drain condensation outside through drain pipes?