View Single Post

Old 04-21-2024, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,457 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggC69 View Post
Thanks Bill. I have not tried that. I am not very mechanically inclined (actually not even a little) but it looks like I will be googling to try and see how to do that. I have heard clutch replacement can be expensive so hoping I can avoid.
Not too difficult at all.

- remove the belt. Easy, no tools required, but google it to see how it is done.

- Put brake cleaner on a rag then clean any dust off the clutch plates.

- Use a grease gun to add one or two pumps of grease to the fitting on each of the clutches. This is the most difficult part since there is not a lot of room to get to the fitting.

- Check the condition of the belt. Is it cracked or visibly worn? Check the width to see if it is still within specs (can find this online). Buy a replacement if needed.

- Put belt back on (the old belt will still work while you are waiting for the new one. Again, easy to do, just the opposite of removing it.

If that doesn't help you've wasted about $5 and 30 minutes. If it does help you've saved hundreds.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough