View Single Post

Old 04-21-2024, 04:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,035 Times in 2,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggC69 View Post
Have a 2019 Yamaha Quietech Drive 2. It lunges when giving light throttle. Runs great when you are full accelerating; it's just when you are slight on the gas like pulling forward at a light, or moving up in a parking spot. Have been told it is likely a "bad clutch". Anyone with experience with that repair and have any guesses on the cost to replace? Thanks.
How old the belt? That would be first place I would look?

You can remove 6 or so screws remove center dust cover and take cover housing off and clean it with brake clean. If over greased if just may be dirty and grit messing with weight throw? Or lack of grease may causing it to hang up. Usually one takes two or three pumps year?

If secondary about 230 bucks and and 15 mins or so. If primary double that cost? and have to special puller bolt and 5 time as hard to replace? I would suspect it’s secondary clutch malfunction? Not much can go wrong with primary centrifugal weight design other than over greasing or under greasing IMO. My primary clutch has over 10 years and 18K miles on it. Secondary clutch came apart and I replaced it at 15K miles.