View Single Post

Old 04-21-2024, 05:00 PM

I’d agree that you don’t really need to do multiple visits to determine if it’s for you. If you know, you know.

As far as where you live…..some/most of the older homes are in need of updating, yet still command a higher sale price. Newer homes have more modern amenities and features. Do you really want to get a new roof or update the kitchen? The right home on the right lot will talk to you. Don’t rush to buy the first one you see. Use google maps to see what’s around you, walk the neighborhood to get a feel for the area.

Personally, I do all my shopping on line. Don’t care for malls and stores. I only go shopping for groceries. Food in the villages is mediocre at best. It’s also expensive to eat out. We hang / dine with neighbors vs going out to eat.

It might also be harder to break into a “click” with people in an established community vs a new area.

As far as types of people, good and bad, crazy vs normal everywhere you go. It’s a crapshoot not limited to one village.

As far as work, it’s a service oriented area. You’re probably looking at $16-18 per hour for non professionals. So are you not working and she will be?
Make the best of your time together in the golden years. Spend it together, not apart with one working and the other not.

Hope that helps.