View Single Post

Old 04-22-2024, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggC69 View Post
Have a 2019 Yamaha Quietech Drive 2. It lunges when giving light throttle. Runs great when you are full accelerating; it's just when you are slight on the gas like pulling forward at a light, or moving up in a parking spot. Have been told it is likely a "bad clutch". Anyone with experience with that repair and have any guesses on the cost to replace? Thanks.
The first step is to replace the wide drive belt you see when you lift up the seat. This belt is easily worn, particularly when drivers do not "feather" the throttle when starting off from a dead stop. Ironically, my brand-new cart had a problem with lurching when starting off. I complained at the first service at 100 miles. The belt was changed, and the problem solved. The man who did the service told me to change the belt at each yearly service. I have and, each time, there is a dramatic improvement in the smoothness of starting off. No tools are needed to change the belt. It is, simply, a matter of pushing the belt to one side and pushing or pulling it to rotate the clutch until the belt comes off the pulley. Have the transmission in neutral--the lever at a 45 deg angle midway between straight up and straight sideways. Cleaning the clutch face with a spray can of brake cleaner and give a shot of grease to the zirk is also a good idea.