View Single Post

Old 04-23-2024, 06:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonip View Post
For some reason 466 seems to be the center of the villages universe. The center has moved way south. We don’t go to Sam’s anymore due to the traffic on micro and Rolling acres.
We live in St. John and it’s gonna be a 25 minute drive. 466A would be a better location.
Sales pitch T V uses for every new development. I was told Brownwood was the "new" center of T V 5 yrs ago. It still holds true after one's closing on their new property lmao. T V already has what seems to be another "dream" for a new "center of TV" 5 miles out from Eastport planned per a Gold Wing Nut video. There is zero large retail establishments being planned any time soon south of 44. Just your basic Publix shopping plazas if even that.

They are building for the next 15 years. 466A is only now being built up with large retail and north of 466A is about 12 years old.

Ya'll (lol threw that southern twang in since I'm a Floridian) surely have figured out by now that if you buy in Eastport area you will have fun taking VERY long, lol, leisurely roundabout drives to do your shopping in main retail chains, unless you shop online, Leesburg or Clermont, for many, many, many years.

The wait was not for me. I moved up "north" from DeLuna when the distance for necessities and the reality of a lack of retail truly set in. Costco is not a store I would use.

Living the "dream" for me was the trees, rolling hills, and real MVP golf cart paths I could enjoy while headed to the stores to shop.

Funny though, Costco is not a store that would motivate me. Now Chik-fil-A? Let's talk.

Last edited by GizmoWhiskers; 04-23-2024 at 06:15 AM.