View Single Post

Old 04-24-2024, 09:26 AM
Default Gas range emissions

Coming to the TOTV brain trust once again. Bought a new range. Wanted a double oven and had a Samsung electric range w/ double oven in 2 prior residences. Here in TV, we don't have electric hook up for our range, and the cost of installing electric is pretty high these days. So we bought the Samsung gas equivalent.

When using the range on convection setting (which is the only option for one of the double ovens), whatever is being emitted in the way of fumes or smell or whatever you want to call it makes is difficult for me to breath. Obviously making the oven unusable. When using the other oven in normal mode, we run all the fans in the house and open the front and back door to create a cross breeze. Even this procedure doesn't resolve the issue with using the convection setting.

We started trying to return the oven inside of 30 days of purchase, when we realized this wasn't just initial use burn-off. Home Depot wouldn't authorize the return. Samsung won't either.

At this point, we know it's going to be junked and replaced.

What I am looking for is any experience you have with reporting a product safety issue. I have a case open with U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission; they don't seem to be interested, but I am staying focused with them.

Any other ideas?