View Single Post

Old 04-24-2024, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Keeping your AC set to 84 will help keep the humidity to a minimum. My neighbor also opens all the drawers in the house a couple of inches when she's away, to prevent them from sticking due to non-use for months at a time.

Electricity is provided by one of two companies, depending on which one services your area. No idea about your part of the community, we have Duke up in the Historic area. You don't get a choice on who supplies your water.

Broadband will depend on your address. Common options are Xfinity, Spectrum, and Quantum. There are others but you'll find at least one of the three I just mentioned, in most parts of the community.

What you /could/ do for your first year for insurance, is to check with The Villages Insurance. They don't do the actual insuring, they're a broker that can hook you up with a company and a contract. You might find a better deal once you're settled in, but this can work for people who need to get set up before they're actually down here.
^ Excellent, succinct, straightforward, and accurate response. Follow up suggestion would be to try to link up with other UK folk here in TV and get a resource pool going. PS- I'm amused you are going to have to start getting used to some of your own "Imperial" measurements. 84F is 28.8889 Celsius. ;-)