View Single Post

Old 04-24-2024, 09:57 AM
Default Mind pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCros View Post
Not needed unless the yard crew rides over them and breaking them or the grass growing over preventing the heads from popping up to water the yard correctly. That then would cost money to replace or repair the heads more frequently.
St Augustine grass is like many have not had the opportunity to deal with in different areas outside of Florida. Just call them piece of mind.
Fascinating to learn how St. Augustine grass interacts with them. Little to no experience with St. Augustine, but learning that the invasive Bermudas grass rhizomes and stolons have become the windmills in my zoysia lawn against which I've come to tilt. When those rascals come up against a barrier such as these donuts (or that metal plate next to those nice, smooth pebbles next to the house), they seem to take it personally and elect to join forces and attempt to mimic a steel cable. There are chemicals that can kill this Bermuda without killing the zoysia, but it looks to be pretty tricky to handle. It is also apparently not something that the lawn bidnesses in these parts fiddle with. The zoysia is *so* much prettier but, unfortunately, significantly slower to fill in.

I can now enjoy a new (to me) bit of trivia. There's both a "piece" of my mind that I may give *and* "peace" of mind which I may have. :-)