View Single Post

Old 04-24-2024, 11:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,353 Times in 614 Posts
Default Sumter County Library Advisory Board meeting next week

About a month ago, there was a thread about the Sumter County Library. Several people were disappointed with the library and especially their limited selection of ebooks and that they don't use the Libby app.

As far as I can tell, the Sumter County Library Advisory Board meets only twice a year. The dates are on the first Thursday of May and November.

I called the library to find out when and where the Board will meet. The library told me that they knew nothing about the Advisory Board and suggested that I call the number on the county website. I then called that number (see link below) and they transferred me to another number. When that person picked up, I found out they had transferred me back to the library - which had just told me that they don't know anything about the Library Advisory Board and to call the county number. I then called the county back and the woman attempted to find some information but she told me that she worked at a call center and knew nothing about the Advisory Board.

Library Advisory Board | Sumter County, FL - Official Website

I have done some further research and it appears that the Advisory Board will meet on May 2, 2024, at The Villages Service Center at Pinellas Plaza, Room 102 at 10 AM.

It should be open to the public. If you are unhappy with the services, this is your chance to provide feedback and make suggestions.