View Single Post

Old 04-24-2024, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
Hello

My in laws moved in with my wife and me June 2022 and have fairly major mobility issues and moderately severe dementia. We’ve been going along with a home health company, 5 hours per day. Their needs have been increasing and now they need help with getting up, feeding, and toileting. They have both been in and out of rehab a few times over the last 2 years and we have struggled to get adequate care in several facilities as they have a lot of needs. We’d like to keep them at home as long as possible, even thru end of life, if we can. But we need some serious help, it’s gotten to be work all day long and our home help just isn’t cutting it.

Is what we think we want to do even possible? And if so, is there a company that can help us? We are paying out of pocket and are willing to throw more money at this problem for more help.

Thanks for any comments you may have

Joe
Have their doctors recommended palliative hospice? Companies like Vitas and Cornerstone can provide a lot of equipment and weekly or so visits. Their health care providers need to refer hospice though. I rejected them at first but they have been very helpful with medications and equipment.