View Single Post

Old 04-24-2024, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
So, things I get at BJ's - sliced deli meats/cheeses, which you can ask for in fractions, and are MUCH less expensive than Winn Dixie or Publix. Nice selection too. Gas, which is the cheapest in the area (It's $3.27 this morning). Four-pack of Cafe Bustelo 10-oz bags ground espresso coffee (that's all we keep in the house, we like our espresso!). TUMs, nasal spray antihistimine. They have Texas Toast for much less than you can get anywhere. I got my prescription eyeglasses a year ago at BJ's. If you have a coupon, Land-o-Lakes butter's a pretty decent price there. Not much of a savings though if you don't care about brand names and get the Walmart brand.

Also - one thing BJs has that no one else has - Poland Spring water. I've had the Zephyrhills water, and Walmart generic. Both are okay, but not as "crisp" as Poland Spring. I don't drink tap water and I don't like the "deadness" of filtered or distilled water, and I don't drink carbonated water at all.

Also if you require Charmin toilet paper, you can get more for less at BJ's especially if you use coupons. TP isn't something you would buy just a couple rolls at a time, you'll never /not/ need it. So grab an enormous package of it, stuff it at the bottom of the linen closet, and you're good to go for a few months.

I prefer Walmart's Great Value TP and it's significantly less expensive than Charmin but I know a lot of people are brand-loyal.

If I'm running low on something that's on sale, or need to prepare for a party, I might get other stuff. Like the mini-quiches, or a big bag of those soft mints that are individually wrapped, or a chunk of parmasano reggiano cheese.
Funny - I didn't renew at BJ's because of the stupid coupon books they mail. Just give customers your price, like Sam's and Costco. I have better things to do with my time.