View Single Post

Old 04-25-2024, 06:03 AM
Default You guys rock ...

As I suspected, I am getting a lot of great perspective and advice.

To answer some of the questions:
. We have a vent in our microwave above the range and it vents outside - I use it, and create a cross breeze in the house whenever the range is on; when in convection mode, even that isn't enough and the fumes are still strong and effect me
. We've had 2 Samsung tech visit the house and assess the situation. Both agreed they smell the fumes and it's well past the burn-off stage. They said there is no fix nor adjustment they can make. It's working ... wait for it ... you've heard this before ... "as designed". They are walking a line here, and implied the design is poor but of course could not say it directly.
. This disaster of a range replaced a single oven gas range that didn't have this problem so I know there are gas ranges that work properly out there. Samsung just didn't make one.
. We are junking it (instead of donating it) because I wouldn't wish the range on my worst enemy.

Thanks Bob for the recommendation and name of the home warranty professional. That's exactly what I was hoping to get as a result of this post. And I wish we could switch ranges with you, but I like you and never would do that to you.

And thanks to everyone for your perspectives. TOTV comes through again. Good questions and sound advice.