View Single Post

Old 04-25-2024, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
We haven’t made any progress on finding hard core nursing are but we’ve got one in rehab at the moment and are trying to plan for (hopefully) coming home. Does anybody have a company or person who could help us with our bathroom situation? We think we need a taller toilet and bars along side it so they can get on and off by themselves. Father in law is 230# so we need heavy duty mobility bars (or whatever they are called). Thanks

Joe
Moen makes the bars you are looking for. Our bars were put in by someone who advertises in the Sun, or did when we needed bars. They are inserted into the wall and have something similar to a fan that opens up anchoring them safely into the wall. My husband is very slim and we still needed one at the toilet, three in the shower area and one to get across the room.

I wish you well and hope you find help. I am a 24/7 caregiver for my husband (a labor of love), but it is very difficult and extremely tiring.

I do know from experience, that even with long term care insurance the carers are not great.