View Single Post

Old 04-25-2024, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURLYSANDY View Post
Good morning all. We are from the UK and are currently purchasing a lovely home in Antrim Dells. We do have a few questions please:
1. Unfortunately, due to commitments, we are unable to come and stay and enjoy our home until late September. We know that the HVAC still has to stay on even when empty during the summer months, but what temperature is recommended during the summer season?

2. Would like some recommendations please for home insurance companies.

3. Is there a choice of electricity, broadband and water utility providers or are we limited to just one company for each utility?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.
Sandy (really excited)!!
We have Spectrum for Internet. Someone will need to set your lawn irrigation days and run-times. I just switched from 2 days per week, to 3. Probably 30 to 45 minutes each day. And, you will need someone to mow your lawn. We use Son Life Landscape. You pay them at the end of the month, not prior to the work. We have Duke Energy south of 44 in Bradford and The Villages Utillities for water. We use Evergreen for fertilizing and weed-killer on the yard and insecticide on the plants. I hope this helps. P.S.-I had Duke install a whole-house surge protector, also.