View Single Post

Old 04-25-2024, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,505 Times in 2,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
When I tried TMobile Internet when it first came out, it connected to a tower on the Turnpike. Only worked in the one spot where we had line of sight to the tower.

The data rate would would drop dramatically during heavy traffic on the Turnpike.

They've added a lot of capacity to that tower since, may be worth trying again.

Does the Tmobile box have an input for an antenna?
The 5G technology is very particular about placement in the home if you do not have great cell coverage. There are two places in my father's home where it works. It is a little more flexible in my home here but still a bit particular. I can certainly imagine areas of the Villages where it would not work at all.

The maximum download rate varies throughout the day. I haven't noticed any weather fade but there is a lot of variation as the network gets busy. Still, I have never had a problem streaming 4K while also watching YouTubes or Tik-Toks. Users needing higher bandwidths might find TMobile 5G speeds unacceptable.

I do not see any input for an antenna.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough