Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 11-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Platinum member

Hi GracieGirl! Good talking to you again! I think the shingles vaccination was $225 back in September when The Villages had the flu shot clinics at the recreation centers. Anybody who's had shingles would tell you that it's worth every penny.

Bare, I wish I'd known I still needed the shot back in September. Mr. Judy got his at flu shot time back in Utah. He never had shingles, but he saw what I went through. My good friend (we diagnosed her over the phone) got shingles on her head. She went through 3 doctors who told her to keep an eye on "that rash" and was finally diagnosed by her eye doctor. By that time she had some severe damage to her cornea, and now she has scarring on her eye.

Folks, Bare is absolutely right. If you have a strange rash or a group of little blisters, see a doctor immediately. I believe you only have 48 hours if you want antiviral medicine, because it doesn't work after that. ( I'm not a doctor; I just play one on totv) I could be wrong. Is there a doctor in the house?
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida