View Single Post

Old 04-26-2024, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is considering a nationwide ban on NEW gas stoves, which are a source of childhood asthma. 13% is caused by gas stoves. If you switch from gas to electric, you are eligible for up to $840 through the Inflation Reduction Act.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I think that the information about oil-based initial contamination has a lot of merit. What I disagree about is the statement of "agenda-based propaganda". We as individuals have NO CAPACITY to test for negative effects from gas stoves on children and allergy-prone adults. But, the Consumer Protection Safety Commission DOES have THAT VERY capability and they find that gas stoves CAUSE 13% of childhood asthma.
Yes, lots of master cooks prefer gas stoves. Yes, 87% of children may not be affected negatively. Yes, the US has lots of natural gas. But, we can burn natural gas to produce electricity at a location far away from the homes of the 13% of children adversely affected. And the US has a lot of electricity producing capacity even without nuclear reactors, which are NOW very safe.
ONE questionable study in Australia found that 12.7% number...

But I'm sure you'll be citing it ad infinitum from now on...

-Tom Petty