View Single Post

Old 04-26-2024, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,203 Times in 1,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
New build has St Aug it’s just weeds that has grass color. New pool installed, landscaper brought in 3 pallets of St Aug to replace what was dug up during build.

It looks like grass, pretty green nice blade grass. I asked him what the difference was. Smiled and said crap builder ST Aug, verses quality ST Aug. if would have known I would have had him replace the rest of the lawn.

Old St Aug sends out the creepers. New sod so far doesn’t have any creepers. Only 2 months old so may change. Our St Aug near LSL didn’t have any creepers either.

Just a side note does your neighbor have his lawn mowed by a company? If so they will bring in every lawn issue on their mowers. Neighbor should be more worried about what’s being put in his yard compared to a few creepers from yours
Where did you get the idea that St. Augustine is a weed? It most certainly is a grass. Here is an article......
St.Augustine Grass

Our property had two kinds of grass when we purchased our home in 2013; Zoisia and St. Augustine. At this point, the St. Augustine has taken over 80% of the lawn and I cannot be happier. I much prefer the St. Augustine grass. It is heartier than the Zoisia. Most importantly, the Zoisia grass tunnels under the flower beds and pops up everywhere in the flower beds. It is a royal PIA to keep that grass out of where it is not supposed to be. St. Augustine grass, OTOH, travels on top when it encroaches the flower beds. St. Augustine grass is easy peasy to keep out of the flower beds. St. Augustine also remains a deep green color all year round. The Zoisia grass turns brown in the winter months when it goes dormant.