View Single Post

Old 04-26-2024, 05:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Well, I'm leaning more toward your being incorrect, grossly incorrect.

From other two threads by the OP: Villa not new, does not involve The Villages new homes, does not involve seller being fined for late closing, does not even involve a VLS listing. OP mentioned a Realty Exec agent, though not in what capacity. Villa offered at $40,000 under comparable listings. That sounds to me like a Florida "As Is" contract form. I'm not an agent but we have bought homes with this contract and walked away from one at no cost to ourselves. Because we were within the Inspection Period.

Woman who lived there passed at age 97. OP opines that she probably didn't suspect the wet carpet issue. We don't know who is the seller. Maybe the seller is a corporate entity or an estate? Anyway, it is not someone who has a dying mother out of state...rather the deceased sounds like she was the "dying mother." She doesn't need the money to close on another property, as you hypothesize.

ETA: if you are saying the house is not being sold by the owner (the owner died?), and we don't know who the seller is, that is different info again. The OP should have one thread and the OP should have answered critical questions like what the contract says.

The buyer's inspector said the villa needs new windows. Maybe irrelevant but costly, nonetheless. He also found the wet carpet in the closet, but didn't photograph it or offer an opinion on what caused it. The seller states the carpet issue has been fixed on time by correcting a sprinkler spray. The buyer is fearful of trusting that a simple repair could have fixed problems that might have occurred in the meantime, such as mold.

These are some reasons why your thesis doesn't "hold water," vs. RG123, who has followed this from the beginning.

I only knew of one other thread. I skipped to this thread when it was started and assumed everything not in the first thread was in this one. Apparently I missed a middle thread. Why is the OP starting multiple threads on the same subject?

But you misunderstood what I was saying about the Seller. You don't know what the Seller is buying. Maybe the Seller of this house is buying a house from the Villages. Maybe a delay or cancelation of this contract means the Seller gets screwed on a different contract they have. Most real estate transactions have a cascade effect. I'm buying a house but I have to sell my current home to buy it. Person buying my current home is selling their current home to by mine. And so on. When deals fall apart a lot of people are usually getting screwed.

ETA: Are you saying the owner died and the seller is someone else with POA or something? Okay I didn't have that info either.

To say the seller doesn't stand to lose anything means you imply they don't have another transaction hinging on this one.

If the inspector was that bad that is another whole issue on the buyer who hired them. The buyer should let the realtor know that the inspector sucks and don't recommend them. As far as the windows, which was definitely new info to me, the buyer should be able to back out on that alone. But again we don't know what the contract states so it's hard to tell. Quite simply this all comes down to the contract.

Last edited by frayedends; 04-26-2024 at 05:14 PM.