View Single Post

Old 04-27-2024, 07:09 AM

As mentioned, it all depends where you are.

Location, location, location.

Yes, AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile each have their own cells. They may al share the same towers, but they each have their own set of antennas and equipment on those towers.

In my Marsh Bend neighborhood near Lowlands Executive golf course and Edna's, AT&T seems to be the best signal. I checked internet performance for each of them when I had access to all 3 services at the same location. Back then AT&T was fastest, followed by Verizon, then T-Mobile. I was helping a friend who was considering a change to grab a promotional price.

I've got great service now. When we bought back in 2019, all 3 were pretty bad in the house.

The only way to know for sure at your location is to try all 3. Check with your neighbors.

And remember, it's still about your location.

Almost all phones have hotspot capability, so when you get with your friends, you can have them turn on their hotspot, turn off WiFi calling, and then test after you connect to their hotspot using speedtest.com website to determine the internet speed.

I'm sure if you offered some scotch, bourbon, or wine, that they'd be happy to come over to your home to help out with the testing. <smile>
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------