View Single Post

Old 04-27-2024, 08:07 AM
Sage

Assuming you have internet access with a Wi-Fi enabled router, turn on Wi-Fi calling on your cellphone. I am also assuming you have a reasonably contemporary cellphone. You should have good results inside your house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justputt View Post
We're near 470 & TP, and often only have 1-2 bars, calls in/out break up, we have Verizon, and looking for options. I stopped by a Verizon office and complained about it. They told me that TV would not let them place towers because they were considered an eyesore. IMO, so are the power stations, power lines, etc., but we have them anyway. Verizon said I could call 611 for a "micro tower" which basically uses my residential internet to provide a stronger signal (I'm guessing basically VOIP). Obviously, this doesn't help away from home, and I don't know how far away I can get from the house before I lose its benefit. Are there any cell service providers that actually have tower coverage in the south? FWIW, I can see a tower from my house toward the TP, assuming not Verizon's. I wonder if TV is really limiting cell tower access...