View Single Post

Old 04-27-2024, 12:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
The electric carts they sell now are junk. They need serious upgrades in technology before I would buy one. A one way trip from Moultrie Creek to Lopez isn’t that desirable. I’ll wait till a cart can make it both ways 100% of the time.
Have you even looked at the latest carts? I had a Yamaha Drive 2 for a number years with upgraded seats and all the goodies. I now have the Evolution D5 Ranger with the upgraded 205ah battery. The seats are more comfortable than my Yamaha El Tigre seats, the ride is better, I have self canceling turn signals, high and low beams, an included soundbar with great sound, 4 forward facing seats (and the cart is only about 13" longer than a standard cart), an adjustable steering column, and display that looks like what you get on a car. All for $11K brand new (the cart is $9.5K with the smaller standard battery).

I live as far north as you can get in The Villages - just off hwy 42 near the VA. I have driven all the way to Southern Oaks (~23 miles), played 18, went home and had 25% battery remaining.

This cart is superior in every way to my Yamaha Drive 2. Ride, quality, features, and quietness.