View Single Post

Old 04-28-2024, 06:23 AM
Default Gas vs electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I grew up in a home in NY with a gas stove so that is all I knew when I ventured out on my own. That is when I had experience with electric stoves. I knew I preferred gas with my first experience with electric stove in an apartment then in a home that did not have natural gas. I will always prefer gas to electric. One of the criteria when moving to The Villages was I had to have a gas stove. I'm very happy our current home has natural gas.

Maybe the electric stoves of today are better at being able to adjust the heat but that was always the downside for me with electric. Another downside was that the heat did not immediately dissipate when the electric element was turned off. With a gas stove, you turn off the flame and the heat is gone right away.
We have an electric range with an induction cooktop. It has changed my opinion on gas cooktop cooking. Immediate heat and quicker control, no smell and clean up is a snap. I have a beautiful gas range up north and dread the huge cleanup every time I cook.

And, heat up and lower heat time is slower using gas.