View Single Post

Old 04-28-2024, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PompeyKing View Post
After Farmers Insurance left FL, I did a lot of research and decided to go with State Farm Insurance for home, auto & golf cart. I paid State Farm (SF) for the policy starting April 5th. Yesterday I received a phone call from my SF agent telling me that my homeowner insurance will be canceled effective 5/21/24 unless I can prove that my 2015 built home meets the Florida building code of 2020. To do that I would need to replace my 9 year old roof. I was told by one roofing company that SF was trying to limit their exposure since so many people had switched to SF. My agent said that to many people were getting new policies from SF. I’m just very disappointed with State Farm. I’m wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?
State Farm tried to pressure me into signing up quick earlier this month. They changed, and now they don’t write home policies any more. My roof was replaced in 2023. I bought a policy from Tower Hill Insurance Exchange, a Gainesville based company, highly rated by BBB. I had quotes from two different agencies and settled with an Allstate agent in Hollywood Florida. They saved cost by eliminating the “other structures” part of the HO3 policy. You cannot have an “other structure” on your lot in The Villages.