View Single Post

Old 04-28-2024, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDog View Post
"If" they used physical violence? Hello? Clearly, some people remain vastly under informed about the filthy and criminal conduct of those two.

Would you deem drugging women into unconsciousness and then having sex with their passed-out bodies to be physical violence? That was psychopathic Cosby. He did that to many women, over years.

Weinstein? He's a serial rapist too. At least one woman went to police after he had done so and presumably gotten a rape kit taken as well. Well, how convenient, the Manhattan DA at the time, Cyrus Vance Jr, just happened to decide that there "wasn't enough to charge Weinstein" so, he didn't. A few weeks later, Weinstein's law firm sent the Vance re-election campaign a $30,000 donation.

How many times did that happen, we all wonder? There's non-justice for you! That's what big shots do -- cover for each other and make pay-offs.

Weinstein also RUINED careers of some women who rebuffed him and got away before he could accost them. That's what happened to Mira Sorvino. Harvey called director, Peter Jackson (of Lord of the Rings fame) and trashed Mira to him, whom Jackson was considering for an upcoming role. He didn't hire her based on lies Weinstein spewed. Jackson publicly admitted it after Harvey got busted - he was embarrassed and apologized to her. But, how many other Directors did HW go out of his way to influence in order to ruin her career? Obviously, there were others b/c she got no work for years. That's how filthy that guy is.

How does she, and the other women he did that to, get recourse for that, Brian? Financial and otherwise?
Nicely put.

I recall my younger brother would make jokes about Bill Cosby when my brother still lived and worked in Reno, Nevada. He could get a lot of the gossip going around while working at the Reno airport renting cars.

I did not get the jokes. Then.