View Single Post

Old 04-29-2024, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post

There are currently seven judges on the court (four women and three men) but for some reason, two women judges didn't participate in the decision. It looks like the court asked for two other women judges to participate in this decision.

The decision was 4-3. Three women and one man voted to reverse the conviction. That decision was written by a woman. The three dissenting votes were one woman and two men. The dissent was written by a woman.

So the vote was three women and one man voting to reverse the conviction and one woman and two men voting to uphold the conviction. The women judges voted 3-1 in favor of reversal and the men judges voted 2-1 in favor of convicting him.
I think you're trying to front some theory that the gender of judges is more relevant than their expertise in the law, regarding court outcomes. I don't agree with the premise.

It was almost entirely lost in media coverage that THREE judges voted against this overturn. That should be a red flag to any rational person. I started laughing when I saw the ratio of 4/3 and immediately figured HW and his lawyers wrangled that outcome - it's the Harvey way.

If the info put forth in that linked NY Post article is accurate, that's exactly what they did. Stacked the court for the outcome they wanted. That's "justice" in America.