View Single Post

Old 04-29-2024, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
I found the same in parallel refreshing my memory but there are options other than banning gas stoves.

The worst case statistics were in non-ventilated environments. The studies show proper ventilation mitigates the risk.

Building codes could (are) require(ing) gas stoves to be equipt with automatic ventilation systems to mitigate any risk.

California now requires ventilation of 100 CFM or more, or at least 5 air exchanges per hour. This applies to new residential areas, remodeled homes, or additions of 1,000 square feet or more.

But other political agendas are using this as an opportunity to attack fossel fuels.
I can agree with that. And fossil fuels will probably be with us forever. I would just recommend that each 1st world country try to increase their E-vehicles by 20% in a few years and try to stabilize population numbers because that could be enough to stop the increase in global temperatures. E-vehicles have many good features- quiet, fast, low center of gravity etc so it should NOT be a terrible hardship to have more E-vehicles and it could help the whole planet. Several posts here have mentioned alternatives to gas stoves, which would have many advantages and might be acceptable to almost everyone.