View Single Post

Old 04-30-2024, 02:39 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,459 Times in 1,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erider View Post
If a bicycle going past you at 10mph is "too fast" suggest you stay home. The non mmps paths are for walkers and bikers, neither has superior rights over the other.

I ride many paths outside TV like Santos, Baseline trail, Withlacoochee etc. These all allow walkers bikes bikes etc. It is usually the walkers that cause problems, such as walking 3 or 4 abreast and hogging the path, walking on wrong side of path (these paths all have signs to keep right) or they are walking untrained dogs that lunge as you ride by. I always ring my bell but amazingly, about half of them step to their left. Anyway, if bikes passing you on 15 foot wide paths is too scary maybe invest in a treadmill.
If walkers walking 3 or 4 abreast and dogs walking on the wrong side annoy you "STAY HOME" that is not a safety issue. Riding a bike on a walking path 10 MPH while passing a walker or dog is a danger to all involved. Anyway, if those walking abreast with their dogs are to scary for you, maybe learn to ride your bike on the MMP or invest in an air bike.