View Single Post

Old 05-01-2024, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
It seems like it is hit or miss. Some homes get their asking price while others linger on the market for months with price reduction after price reduction. This is true for both southern and northern areas. It is a market where buyers have ALL the control. A large inventory of homes gives them plenty to choose. If your Gardenia model doesn't have appealing attributes, a buyer will pass and look at the MANY SAME models available. Cookie-cutter homes means competition. Yours has to stand out!

Even the Developer is having problems. More price reductions in Dabney in the past week.
As someone who has been looking (diligently) for a couple months now, I generally agree. I track sold homes literally every day. While it's true a small handful of homes still sell at or even a little over list price (very rare these days), the vast majority are selling below list price; even list prices that have been reduced several times.

I also agree that houses that stand out have a much better chance. Your Gardenia (and Camellia) example is spot on. It's getting to be a real good time to be a buyer because there are many options available. And if one house you like goes pending today, invariably another one you like will hit the market tomorrow.

All I need now is to secure a remote work job; just a matter of time. :-)