Thread: Forever Home
View Single Post

Old 05-01-2024, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbene View Post
Where are you going to spend forever?
Was talking with our kids and mentioned that we are planning on being cremated when the time comes and are currently looking for a place to be interred at the cemetery up north where many family members are located.
Our children moved down to Florida with us when we came 18 years ago.
They both said if we did that they probably won't visit because neither one of them plan on moving back up there, so I guess we'll start looking for a place to be interred either near the villages or the metro Orlando area.
Where are you planning on spending your time when it comes?

Appended

Is this something you have thought about and done something about or is it something you're going to dump on your kids or someone else when that time comes?
We decided to be buried here in Florida in the National Cemetary since I am a veteran. Kids live in different places so doubt they will come to see us at the gravesite very often, but likely would be the same if we were buried where one of them lives since they have very busy lives. My wife passed away a few months ago and I am glad we made the decision together. If she was buried somewhere up North I wouldn't get to visit every week like I do now. It's really about us...each other...not the kids. I suggest you get buried close to where your spouse can visit if they desire to do so.