View Single Post

Old 05-01-2024, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakster66 View Post
This is NOT another stucco vs vinyl debate. I wanted to try to get that straight out of the chute.

I know it is relatively rare, but apparently there exists homes in TV that are stucco, but not block. They are stucco on wood frame houses. I have come across a listing, in my continuing search, of just such a house.

So I am seeking information of anyone who owns or has owned one of these rarities and can give insight into pluses or minuses for these down there. I know here in PA, when we bought our current house 4 years ago, our agent was pretty adamant about avoiding stucco homes (most stuccoed over wood frame) as they are apparently notorious for issues up here.

Again….thats stucco on wood frame. I have no issues, or questions, about stucco on block. Or stick vs block construction per se, unless it is direct relation to the exterior.

If this devolves, I tried.
Even block homes with gables have stucco over wood. I have one of those homes - no issue. I put up a wall, on my lanai, for a summer kitchen, and put stucco over plywood - no issues -16 years later.