Thread: Trash
View Single Post

Old 05-01-2024, 12:07 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,785 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This seems like overkill.
Asking a neighbor makes a whole lot more sense!
I know, I’ve done it for mine……
Totally agree about "overkill" ! ! Drive how far/long to this location ? With a small household bag of garbage that probably does not contain furniture, electronics, etc. and the poster is already undoubtedly paying for waste disposal.... my goodness, overkill is right ! In our villages people leave their snowbird homes ALL the time on different days of the week and obviously can't delay only for "garbage day" ! You can tell they use double heavy black leaf bags... sometimes even for broken down cardboard boxes so they don't get wet. We all realize it "says" waste can only be put out at night on the day before pick up, but a look around most any village will tell you people can, and do, leave on other days. Have never seen a mess in all these years from roaming packs of stray dogs, critters, or birds, never seen gross trash scattered all over ! ? And just asking a neighbor, even one you don't know, is usually the simple solution to put out one bag as long as it is left out in an acceptable place and is double bagged in heavy plastic.