Thread: Belmont Exec
View Single Post

Old 05-02-2024, 07:03 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,138 Times in 1,360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
I realize that many who just vacation here due to the "cheap" golf, really don't realize, or maybe just don't care because they have no stake in the community, so they put out smokes grinding them into the greens, never bend over and fix a ball mark, think it's perfectly fine to drive a cart right onto the green apron, and drag pull carts right across the green. Many people vacation here and have never played golf, but they "paid for it" so they try. However, I think the term "snowbirds" for those who own homes here and in another location, are just used as convenient "scapegoats" for all the negatives in the villages, from poor golf etiquette, to taking up "space" in the classes, on and on. Truth be known, the poor etiquette on the courses, the failure to follow village speed limits, the excessive consumption of alcohol to the point it results in "incidents and arguments" that absent considerable alcohol consumption would not even happen, the constant knocking down of "gates", and all of the rest, is probably equally distributed among vacationers, snowbirds, and full time residents ! ? People can be caring, concerned, and responsible, they also come in the categories of clueless, insensitive, self-focused, entitled, and rude.... human nature, all varieties, like weeds and flowers.... all are plants, big difference !
Well said. I have been a snowbird for 11 years. I pay to keep my home beautiful all year. Habitat For Humanity does my landscaping 4 times a year and does a fantastic job. I pay my monthly dues to help keep everything else around me beautiful.
So lucky to have The Villages!