View Single Post

Old 05-02-2024, 06:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Oh, no, now I feel terribly guilty. And to think I get so aggravated when people pick on another famous person who has a stutter that sometimes slows his speech.

I used to watch Suze's old tv show all the time -- and I was right on the money with my opinions on that "Can I Afford It?" segment. I could holler at those people as well as she could.

I am a person who sometimes gets asked questions on money stuff. I was never in the biz but for some reason, I understand a few things. Nothing complicated. Just common sense stuff.

Years ago, we were sitting at a bar in a restaurant when I found myself advising the young bartender to get started on his retirement fund. I remember telling him that I was the heterosexual Suze Orman.

I really liked her old show, but these podcasts are too often condescending in tone to the point where I feel like i better be asking directions to the vomitorium. It gets especially annoying when she gives K. T. quizzes and acts like she is dumb. But my guess is that's their schtick when on the air. I wish you would listen to one or two and tell me what you think. Suze used to be able to teach people things without being a snot about it. For these podcasts. . .when she is good, she is very, very good, but when she is not, it's a pukefest.

Boomer
Stutter like the lawyer from My Cousin Vinny....”Ladies and Gentlemen of the J-J-J-J-J-Jury”!