View Single Post

Old 05-03-2024, 09:41 AM
Default Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Tarpon Boil had some temporary greens with the par 4 being the biggie. Don't know if they still do.
Have played Tarpon Boil a couple of times recently as well as once back when it was amazingly icky. One early round temporary green remains. Most of the greens are now basically fine, but where there had been a patchwork of fuzzy green grass interspersed with bare ground, the previously bare parts appear to now be mostly filled with putt-able and nicely mown grass of a much different color. You can make out some areas with large-ish rectangular patches with this darker color, but my sense is that much of the formerly bare spots seem to have somehow "grown back" in with this same, darker colored grass. Re-seeded?? The overall putting surfaces seemed to me to be massively improved and could be putted "just fine". I admittedly ain't too sophisticated in such determinations. :-)

How hard would it be to let folks know what has actually been done there? Have the causes of the original problems been determined? Are there reasons to keep it secret?

Last edited by mntlblok; 05-03-2024 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Failure, once again, to have adequately proof read.