View Single Post

Old 05-05-2024, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
One piece of advice I'll give you: Be aware that online forums such as this one, Facebook etc. tend to attract bitter, snarky, unhappy people. If you see answers to your questions like, "Don't move here", or "Why don't you just look it up on Google", these are people who thrive on anger. The vast majority of Villagers are happy, enthusiastic people who consider The Villages to be Paradise. I haven't read the comments generated by your post, so they all may be positive. I'm simply urging you to not draw negative opinions about The Villages from snarky, unhappy people. Float around in the pool and mention you are new- people will embrace you and tell you about the place- it's called, "Pool School". Welcome!
"Pool school" will tend toward the positive comments about The Villages. Very few people will have the character and honesty to tell you about the great things that go on here like a mired of activities, while also pointing out any negatives either small or large. Maybe at a bar an "old timer" that is heavily lubricated with "truth serum" would give you the "down low" skinneys.