View Single Post

Old 05-06-2024, 08:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,632 Times in 602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
This is an important and good thread that I have bookmarked and will be referencing later this year. Keep the information coming. We have already been notified by Farmers that our policy won’t be renewed this fall and I’m not looking forward to having to find a new provider at a reasonable rate. Our home is over 20 years old, but has a two month old roof and is in excellent overall condition. I dumped The Villages Insurance several years ago because of their very poor and slow communication and inability to find us competitive rates relative to an outside agency. My wife and I have owned six homes during our lives and have collectively filed a grand total of ZERO homeowners claims, but that doesn’t seem to work in our favor. I would be willing to consider signing a waiver prohibiting us from litigation for a new roof in exchange for a more reasonable rate if that’s what necessary. I would be very interested in feedback from others who have explored that option?
I started getting quotes 4 months before renewals. Took 3 weeks for one company to get a quote, and 2 weeks for the others.

Then one canceled out quote after drone inspection. No reason given.

One was $3,000 more than any other quote due to pool/cage, not for liability but they just don’t do many pools. Pool part of quote was $2,500.

Kin came in $600 less than current policy, for apples to apples. Next year increase was double.

So using a broker this year and will be starting 4 months early again. We renew in February so, search starts in November