View Single Post

Old 05-06-2024, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,118 Times in 4,227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrider View Post
Many years ago when I was looking for a retirement location, I did a lot of researching on what makes a good retirement community. Almost every research endeavor had the same No.1 item. That item is: The developer builds the community, and GETS OUT! Many of the problems here in TV is because of the greed of the Morse family. Knowing what I know now, I would not recommend anyone coming here.
I suppose that is one opinion.

The other 99.9% of us believe that The Villages is the number one retirement destination and fastest growing community in the country BECAUSE the developer maintains a continuous presence and continues to invest hundreds of millions in this community.

Look at retirement communities where the developer left----golf courses overgrown with weeds and abandoned; businesses boarded up, dilapidated properties with pink flamingos and crumbling infrastructure.

Now look at The Villages---a thriving community with ongoing development INCLUDING amenities that will reach the same proportion in all areas, new innovative ideas and environmental conservation. Over 100 recreation centers, over 100 pools, 13 soon to be 16 championship golf courses, 44 soon to be 50 executive courses, over 3000 clubs. Bash the developer for whatever lame reason you choose, but I'm glad there is a captain at the helm.