View Single Post

Old 05-06-2024, 09:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I suppose that is one opinion.

The other 99.9% of us believe that The Villages is the number one retirement destination and fastest growing community in the country BECAUSE the developer maintains a continuous presence and continues to invest hundreds of millions in this community.

Look at retirement communities where the developer left----golf courses overgrown with weeds and abandoned; businesses boarded up, dilapidated properties with pink flamingos and crumbling infrastructure.

Now look at The Villages---a thriving community with ongoing development INCLUDING amenities that will reach the same proportion in all areas, new innovative ideas and environmental conservation. Over 100 recreation centers, over 100 pools, 13 soon to be 16 championship golf courses, 44 soon to be 50 executive courses, over 3000 clubs. Bash the developer for whatever lame reason you choose, but I'm glad there is a captain at the helm.
Wow. Somebody got his 8 hours of sleep last night! Huh, Doc!

I'm also a fan of the developer. All of us question some of the minutiae in this forum at times but to question his record of accomplishment and more importantly, his vision....is an exercise in futility