View Single Post

Old 05-09-2024, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam-the-Butcher View Post
My wife and I are considering a Veranda in The Villages. We are aware all newly-built Verandas are 'spec' homes and that you cannot build to your own preferences.

Our Villages Sales Agent has indicated that they don't know what's coming in a given Veranda community until a week or so prior to actual sales release. Clearly the TV knows exactly what's being built on any given lot, months ahead of time, but our Agent's response implies that information isn't shared with Agents until just before release.

Have any of you had success with your Villages Sales Agent, such that they 'surveyed' a Veranda community ahead of time (on your behalf), seeking out pre-release information for you (i.e. Veranda model, lot #, directional orientation, etc.) more than a few weeks out?

While most traditional Real Estate Agents will bend over backwards to get you the home you want, is this an unreasonable 'ask' for a Villages Sales rep? Or, are they not allowed to do this?

Thanks in advance.
There are not 175 people trying to get every veranda when it's released. If so, there wouldn't be almost 40 new ones for sale now. If your needs are very specific, it might take a while, not because there's a line of buyers, but because the developer only builds a certain number of each model. If sales are slower, the build rate will be slower. There was the Richmond frenzy but even that ended before the homes were all sold. Also, the idea that people here don't take mortgages is not true and even if it were, there is still that small issue of selling the existing home up North with the 7+% rates. Sales are slower than they were a few years ago. When was the last time the developer offered discounts on inventory? Well, look at Dabney and Lake Denham. Finally, if you are not satisfied with your agent, ask for a new one. We went through an issue with our first agent. We asked for a replacement and the difference was night and day.