View Single Post

Old 05-22-2024, 09:11 AM
Default TruGreen - be careful; great lawn but at what cost

Sept 2023 signed up with TruGreen for lawn fertilization for 1 year. Paid in advance $565. Some what expensive, but they did an excellent job in Atlanta Ga and they have improved my lawn in The Villages. I was having trouble with weeds - weeds are all gone and the grass is healthy. No complaints about the lawn. However, on May 21, 2024 I got charged for a service ($69). Huh? I thought I had a year of service from Sept 2023.

Upon further investigation I learned 2 types of services were included that exhausted my year's worth of treatments. These are: 1) Potash application not included with lawn fertilization and 2) Clinch bug application.

I was not informed that the potash was an extra service - I thought (assumed) potash/lime was part of a fertilization program. Secondly, every time the fertilization service was performed the tech (via email) would recommend additional services. I never requested more services. Chinch Bug / lawn pests are additional services.

Bottom line - Lawn looks great. Somewhat expensive. Informed in advance of a tech coming to do treatment. Tech announced themselves before performing treatment. Summary of application provided. All good. The not so good - continual upsell effort and the lack of full disclosure on the charges / services being performed. Communication with TruGreen could be improved. For me the true cost is too much - I canceled my account and will resort to treating the lawn myself.