Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 12-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hi Barefoot,

When I saw the eyelash stuff you asked about advertised on television, my first thought was that I had heard somewhere a while back that there was a prescription drug for glaucoma that had been shown to have the unexpected effect of growing eyelashes longer and thicker.

The link here is to Allergan's eyelash-growing drug Latisse.

http://www.latisse.com/

And here is the link to Allergan's glaucoma drug Lumigan. Notice one of the side effects of Lumigan that is listed.

http://www.lumigan.com/

Same company. Different forms of the drug maybe?

I remember thinking at the time I first heard about the side effect that the drug would probably end up researched and marketed in some other form that could be prescribed to grow eyelashes.

Would I use it for longer eyelashes? ... No.

Would I like longer eyelashes? ... Sure would.

Am I a big chicken? ... Yes. If I were not a big chicken, I would have had a little work done by now. Eyelids. But I am a big chicken. And with this eyelash growing drug, they sure do spout a long list of side effects in that ad. So it will have to be just me and my Lancome soft eyeliner pencil and my Maybelline Great Lash in that pink and green tube.

But I did read the other day that somebody famous (can't remember who) wears two Spanx at the same time. Now, that's a beauty tip I might have to try. Sounds like it might have side effects, too, though. Misery comes to mind.

Boomer

Ladies, ladies, ladies...What price vanity?

Also, eye doc told me that as a glaucoma treatment it was not the drug of choice as it waas not very good.

At this stage of the game I think I'll stay with my blue sometimes green eyes with short lashes.

PS Boomer,
Thanks for the research.